US Micro Products is seeking an Applications Engineer (AE) to provide technical expertise and value to our customers. The AE will be required to support a broad range of customers, technologies, and suppliers and will be asked to provide support regarding current and emerging display technologies.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, US Micro Products is an Inc 5000 recognized Industrial Distributor specializing in Engineered Display Solutions. We combine exceptional technology, customer service and value to provide our customers with the perfect solution. Last year our company grew by 73%.
Our customers are OEMs in the Medical, Gaming, Industrial, Automotive, Defense, Instrumentation and Kiosk markets and include Lockheed Martin, Abbott Diabetes, Philips Medical, and GE Healthcare among many others.
Please visit the about us page for more information on our company.
US Micro Products is seeking your help as an Applications Engineer (AE) to create the best custom display solution for our customers. As an AE, you will also provide technical expertise and support. Also, you will be required to support a broad range of customers, technologies, and suppliers and will be asked to provide support regarding current and emerging display technologies.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Create unique and custom display solutions providing the customer with the best performance
- Identify customer requirements and provide engineering design support
- Help to secure design wins
- Develop and maintain technical customer relationships
- Assist the sales team
- Customers are across the US and Asia; our design team is in Asia
- Support and help address any manufacturing or quality issues
- Assist with the development and growth of our company and our engineering resources
- Write and publish application notes and technical papers
- Provide input for product planning, new product feature, and process improvements
- Provide technical training and support to our team and marketing efforts
- Experience in applications engineering
- Experience designing in displays
- Expertise in embedded systems software and tools
- BS in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Good people skills
- Experience as an engineer with display technologies or an OEM manufacturer of displays
- Experience with electronics including systems, products, or components
- Design experience including display interfaces, hardware debugging, capacitive touch, driver boards, touch screens, Mil-Std testing) and system-level designs
- Excellent pay commensurate with experience
- Bonuses and profit-sharing
- 15 days PTO to start
- Defined benefits including medical, dental and 401k
- Excellent work environment and great promotion potential